Scheduling work orders can be somewhat overwhelming for any business. Customers want their job done yesterday, and there are never enough hours in the day to get everything done. There are a number of issues a scheduler or dispatcher has to contend with as far as completing each job on schedule.
- Is the technician capable?
- Does he have the knowledge and expertise?
- Is he capable of handling the additional work?
- Does he have tools and parts required and tools?
After all of those questions are answered, your technicians go into windshield time. Routing a tech through today’s busy roads is sometimes one of the biggest challenges. With the utilization of Service Proz “Calendar” along with the “Visual Map” and the ability to optimize a route, a scheduler will be equipped with the tools that will help or assist in getting each job completed, and on schedule.
With Service Proz scheduling your company’s appointments, work orders and routes; you will easily streamline every business day which saves on fuel and, most importantly, time.
Appointment or service scheduling is one of the most important duties that you and your employees handle on a daily basis! There are ways to make this process easier for everyone involved, especially for your clients! We thought about ways to make scheduling easier and looked around the web for ideas—here are a few of the tips that we came up with:
- Don’t get nervous on the phone, pretend that you are scheduling the appointment in person! Give your name and your company’s then ask for the client’s name. Make sure you express how important it is for you to tailor the service call to their needs and schedule.
- Keep each scheduling conversation short and to the point!
- Use a service scheduling software like Service Proz to streamline the scheduling process. It’s simple and easy to have management, the client and the technician in the know! With Service Proz at your fingertips your scheduling will run smoother than ever before.
- The words to use when you schedule an appointment really do matter. Offer various times for your client’s to decide about the appointment; use words like “when” rather than “whether.” For example, “Is this afternoon good or would Tuesday be better?”
- When you ask to speak with your client, say “Bill Jones, please,” rather than “May I speak to Bill Jones?” Don’t ask for permission, but speak with authority.
With Service Proz workforce management software your scheduling and invoicing will become a breeze. The app easily downloaded to your smartphone or tablet is a low cost for the value you receive in return. Contact us today and get one step closer to better communication for your company and, most importantly, your clients.